Linux Engineer (DevOps) - Prop Trading Firm – City, London - Up to £100,000 + Bonus
A proprietary trading firm based in the City are actively looking for an experienced Linux Engineer to join their London office. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the operation of trading applications, automation and IT infrastructure.
- Support and IT Operational management of their trading platforms.
- Change/Incident/Problem management of their trading applications.
- Design, testing, and implementation of automated processes to improve the deployment, monitoring and operation of trading systems.
- Act as the point of contact for all IT related technical issues reported. Problem escalation to external vendors, service providers or internal teams as required. Ownership of technical problems until final resolution.
- Effective communication of scheduled maintenance activities and unexpected outages.
- Weekly management reporting.
- Advanced Linux skills
- Excellent scripting with Linux Shell script or Python
- Network troubleshooting (CCNA level)
- Excellent communication and problems solving skills
- Experience with 3rd party vendor trading application: TT, CQG, RTS, ORC, OT, SQL (Desirable)
- Experience with market data providers: Bloomberg or Reuters (Desirable)
- Bsc or Msc with a minimum of a 2:1 in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering or other related disciplines