Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Unix) – Investment Banking - London
A major Investment Bank based in the City are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to be the technical lead of 3 hands-on Unix Systems Engineers. The Unix team is responsible for providing production, test and development storage solutions to the business.
- Day-to-day (BAU) Unix administration duties, including both pro-active and re-active support.
- Managing engineering and architecture
- Produce project and support documentation of key processes and flow, as well as disaster recovery documentation
- Work closely with other technology teams to ensure reliability, availability and serviceability of solutions
- Taking part in the Unix on-call rota
- Relationship management with vendors
- Extensive experience with Unix (Solaris and Linux) administration
- Strong Shell and Python skills
- Understanding of configuration management (e.g. puppet)
- NAS technologies (e.g. Netapp, HNAS)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Veritas Cluser Server (VCS) or similar technology (Desirable)
- Experience with Windows server infrastructure (Desirable)
- VMware administration (Desirable)
- Degree Background in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computing, Mathematics/Physics)
Skills Matrix: Unix, Linux, Solaris, RedHat, Shell, Python, Puppet Netapp, HNAS, VSC, AD, DNS, DHCP, VMware.
For more information, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org